About York Mills
PART OF TORONTO’S MILLIONAIRES’ MILE
York Mills embodies the ideal transformation of a small, rural community into one of the most desirable places to live in Toronto.
- Location: York Mills is located north of The Bridle Path, in the former Borough of North York. It is bounded by the 401 Expressway to the north, Yonge to the west, Leslie to the east, and Teddington Park to the south.
There are several smaller enclaves located within York Mills. There’s Hoggs Hollow, located south of York Mills Road. St. Andrew-Windfields is another neighbourhood located within York Mills’ boundaries.
- Transportation: Public transit is readily accessible from any point in York Mills. Bayview Avenue and York Mills Road, as well as Yonge Street to the west, are all regular bus routes.
There are three subway stations located near York Mills. If you are coming from Hoggs Hollow or the main York Mills area, York Mills station is just a short walk away. Meanwhile, the Bayview station is north of St. Andrew- Windfields, across Highway 401.
- Who lives here: York Mills is mostly a residential area, with commercial activity concentrated along York Mills Road, Bayview Avenue, and Yonge Street. This balance makes the neighbourhood exceptionally pleasing to all sorts of well-heeled folks, from young professionals and couples to growing families.
Homes for Sale in York Mills and Toronto Luxury Real Estate
York Mills, being one of Toronto's more affluent communities, is home to some of the city’s finest luxury real estate. The entire area is characterized by high-end properties, from sprawling estates to upscale townhomes and detached residences.
Some of York Mills' homes were built between the 1920s and 1960s, with Tudor, contemporary, and English Cottage as the archetypal architectural styles. Split- level homes and ranch-style bungalows are also found throughout the neighbourhood, but their numbers are dwindling as some of the properties are torn down to make way for new custom homes.
For more information about homes for sale in Hoggs Hollow, click here.
Living in York Mills
- Great schools: One of the reasons why York Mills is so appealing to families is the presence of some of Toronto’s best schools, private and public, in the area. The Hawthorn School for Girls and the Junior Academy are two private schools in the neighbourhood. Public options include York Mills Collegiate Institute, Denlow Public School and Harrison Public School.
- York Mills dining: York Mills has plenty to offer when it comes to dining options. Along the stretch of Yonge Street and Leslie Street, you will find a roster of top-rated restaurants. This includes Auberge du Pommier, Miller Tavern in Hoggs Hollow, and The Keg Steakhouse + Bar.
Culinary finds also await in York Mills Road, such as Via Cibo, Babel, Kwan, and Paisano. David Duncan House, known for its 19th century fine dining experience, is not far from this area.
Make Toronto Your Home: Explore Toronto Luxury Real Estate
Find luxury houses for sale in Toronto when you explore York Mills real estate with Casey Ragan. Get in touch with Casey today at 416.486.5588 or send an email to casey(at)remaxhallmark(dotted)com for your real estate consultation.