About Bedford Park
A GREAT PLACE TO CALL HOME
Bedford Park takes family-friendly living in Toronto's central core to another level, with tree-lined streets, child-friendly spaces, and easy access to the city’s efficient transit system.
- Location: Bedford Park is located northwest of Lawrence Park and southwest of Hoggs Hollow. The community is bounded by Wilson Avenue to the north, Yonge Street to the east, Bathurst Street to the west, and Lawrence Avenue to the south.
- Transportation: Public transport options from Bedford Park include buses that run on Yonge, Lawrence, and Avenue. If you’ll be moving close to the southern boundary, you will also be within reasonable walking distance to the Lawrence subway station, which is connected to the Yonge line. This can take you to the financial district under 40 minutes.
If you’re driving, Bedford Park is about twenty minutes to downtown Toronto. Highway 401 is a short drive away, just head north on Yonge Street or Avenue Road.
- Who lives here: Bedford Park is perfect for young and growing families as well as professionals. The neighbourhood’s enviable location helps if you are working downtown. Meanwhile, the educational offerings in Bedford Park provide great opportunities for children.
Bedford Park real estate and luxury homes for sale in Toronto
Bedford Park used to be a middle-class neighbourhood in its early days, but it slowly progressed to become one of Toronto's most affluent communities.
Some of the housing options in Bedford Park reflect these origins, particularly in the northern section of the community. These semi-detached and detached properties were built between the 1920s and 1940s in Tudor, Georgian, and Edwardian styles. As customary, these older homes have been renovated to keep up with the times.
A portion of Bedford Park's original homes were torn down. In their places stand larger, custom family homes. These newer options have varying styles, ranging from the traditional Bedford Park aesthetic to modern and contemporary designs.
Living in Bedford Park
- Close to great dining: With Avenue Road and Yonge Street nearby, living in Bedford Park means you are minutes away from delectable meals. Yonge alone is concentrated with a wide variety of dining options, offering everything from Southeast Asian cuisine (Chiang Rai) to classic Italian dishes (Parmigiano Trattoria).
- High-calibre schools: Parents (and would-be parents) are drawn to Bedford Park as it is minutes away from a number of well-renowned public and private schools.
Options include John Wanless Junior Public School, Glenview Senior Public School, Bedford Park Public School, Ledbury Park Elementary and Middle School, Havergal College, Crescent School, The Dunblaine School and Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute.
- Child-friendly spaces: Bedford Park proves to be a great place to raise families with its collection of kid-friendly spaces. Woburn Avenue Playground and Wanless Park nearby, has a playground and a wading pool, along with several sports courts. There is also Ridley Orchard, which offers a variety of children’s programs.
Make Toronto your home: Explore Toronto luxury real estate
Find luxury homes for sale in Toronto when you explore Bedford Park with Casey Ragan, one of the top realtors in Toronto. Get in touch with Casey today at 416.486.5588 or send an email to casey(at)remaxhallmark(dotted)com for your real estate consultation.