EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A VILLAGE
Davisville Village offers a break in the middle of the midtown hustle and bustle. Its leafy streets are lined with everything, from homes to restaurants to an assorted set of specialty stores and boutiques.
- Location: Davisville is located in Midtown Toronto, bounded by the neighbourhoods of Yonge-Eglinton and Leaside. Mount Pleasant Road runs through the middle of the community, dividing Davisville into two parts: Mount Pleasant West and Mount Pleasant East.
- Transportation: One of Davisville's main draws is the easy access to public transportation. The Eglinton and Davisville stations of the subway are a short walk from Mount Pleasant Road. Buses also ply the area, notably in Yonge, Eglinton, Moore, Bayview, and Mount Pleasant.
Street parking is available, but be wary of parking rules if you want to avoid getting a ticket. With so many amenities, retail spaces, and facilities near Davisville, walking is also an eco-friendly option.
- Who lives here: Davisville's location and relatively affordable real estate attracts a diverse market. Your would-be neighbours include working professionals and families of different cultural and ethnic backgrounds, particularly in the Mount Pleasant West area.
Davisville real estate and houses for sale in Davisville
Housing options vary, ranging from detached and semi-detached homes to freehold townhomes.
Most of the homes in Davisville were built sometime between the 1920s and 1940s, with a small group dating as far back as the 1800s. Edwardian and English Cottage architecture are prevalent most especially among the older and historic homes in the community.
Davisville real estate offers a good mix of affordable and high-end homes. The neighbourhood, however, has seen continuous growth over recent years, particularly in 2015 and 2016, when Davisville's real estate market outpaced the rest of the city's. That said, Davisville remains one of the more affordable markets in Toronto.
Living in Davisville
- Shopping: Interesting finds await in Davisville, home to a collection of shops worth exploring. You can find everything, from antique prints at Alexandre Antique Prints, Maps, & Books to vintage designer duds at Second Nature Boutique.
- Beer and baguettes: Davisville also offers an assortment of local restaurants, cafes, and pubs. There’s Thobors Bakery, home of authentic French pastries and the best baguette in Toronto. Granite Brewery is the go-to brewpub in the neighbourhood, with handcrafted ales available every day of the week.
- Green spaces: Parks and recreation are part of everyday life in Davisville. June Rowlands Park and the Kay Gardner Beltline Trail are located right within the neighbourhood, while Oriole Park, Moore Park Ravine, Eglinton Park, Lower Don Parklands, Leaside Baseball Camp, and more are just a short distance away.
- Schools: Davisville is well known for its highly ranked school district. Schools within the district include Maurice Cody Junior Public School, Davisville Junior Public School, Eglinton Junior Public School, Hodgson Middle School, St. Monica Catholic School, North Toronto Collegiate Institute, and Northern Secondary School.